Smartwatch can be a very handy device when you get all the notifications right on your wrist. It helps you to check quick messages and make quick calls.
Setting up your new smartwatch? And want to know how do I get notifications on my smartwatch?
Well, stick with us through this article! We will discuss how you can easily get notifications on your smartwatch.
How To Use WhatsApp On Fitbit Versa 2: Ultimate Guide
- 1 How Do I Get Notifications On My Smartwatch?: Your Ultimate Tech Guide
- 2 How you can get notifications in your smartwatch
- 3 Apple Smartwatch
- 4 Samsung Smartwatch
- 5 Xiaomi smartwatch
- 6 Reasons why you might not get notifications on your smartwatch
- 7 Verdict
How Do I Get Notifications On My Smartwatch?: Your Ultimate Tech Guide
You already might know that you will need a specified app install on your smartphone to be able to connect with your smartwatch. This app varies from brand to brand.
In this article, we will try to cover the popular smartwatches available in the market. Hopefully, you will find yours too!
How you can get notifications in your smartwatch
When it comes to smartwatches, the Apple Watch is more popular than any other, as it can easily sync with your iPhone. To get notifications on your apple watch, make sure that you have the “watch” app installed on your iPhone.
The next steps are as follow:
- Open the watch app installed on your iPhone.
- Select the ‘My Watch’ option.
- At the top of your screen, click on “Notifications”.
- Then you will find “Notifications Indicator and Notification Privacy” -two available options with toggles at the top of the page.
- Click on the native app to access the notification settings.
- “Allow Notifications”, “Send to Notification Center”, or “Notifications Off” are the options to customize your notifications.
Other than the native apps of your apple watch, you can also customize other apps notifications by simply clicking the app and then clicking the “Allow notifications” option.
The next popular smartwatch is Samsung. To get notification on your Samsung galaxy watch series4, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the “Galaxy wearable” app installed on your phone.
- Then tapping on watch settings, go to “Notifications”. You can allow notifications on your watch from here, as well as can mute notifications.
- To activate “Notification Indication” on your watch, go to “Advanced settings”, and then activate the “notification Indicator” toggle.
The next one is the Xiaomi smartwatch. To get notifications on your Xiaomi smartwatch, firstly install the Xiaomi wear app on your phone.
- Open the “Xiaomi wear” app on your phone.
- At the right bottom of the app interface, you will see an option named “Profile”, tap on it.
- Now, tap on the option at the top of the screen called “Notifications on your device”. It will allow your phone to send notifications to your watch.
- Next up, tap on “App Notifications”, right below the “Notifications on your device” option.
- Then activate the “App notifications” and “Show on lock screen” toggles.
Once you have done that, you will find a list of apps, activate the toggles to get notifications from any particular app.
How Do I Get Notifications On My Smartwatch Video Guide
Reasons why you might not get notifications on your smartwatch
Phone on airplane mode: To get notifications, make sure that your phone is not on “Airplane mode”. If your phone is powered off or in airplane mode, you won’t be able to get notifications on your smartwatch.
Settings of watch app: No matter which brand’s smartwatch you are using, make sure to enable notification settings of the watch app installed in your phone. Otherwise, you won’t get notifications.
Settings of your smartphone: If you are an Android user, make sure that you have enabled “Notifications access” and “App notifications excess”.
Settings of your iPhone: On your iPhone enable “share system notifications” and “Notification preview” to get notifications on your smartwatch.
Hopefully, you have found this article on ‘how do I get notifications on my smartwatch’ helpful.
However, if your smartwatch is not among the ones mentioned above, try to follow the instructions guide provided by the manufacturer.
Stay smart and connected through your smartwatch!